A few recipes I’m hoping to try out at some point:
From Martha Stewart:
Simon Rimmer recipes from the BBC:
- Sticky rice and peanut balls.
- Satay sauce (leaving out the shrimp paste).
- Homemade chocolates (yum!).
Other BBC food recipes, all vegetarian, all involving rice (I’d like to eat more rice):
- Indonesian fried rice.
- Broccoli, cheese, sweetcorn and rice souffle (sounds weird, but healthy, and I like broccoli and sweetcorn).
- Nest of roasted balsamic vegetables with aromatic wild rice (possibly sounds a bit too fancy; I don’t know what all the ingredients are without looking them up in a book).
- Roast vegetable rice.
And something that had slipped my mind: in Switzerland I saw a magazine called ‘Essen und Trinken fur Jeden Tag‘ – which translates to ‘eating and drinking for every day’, and it looked VERY much like Everyday Food magazine, but in German. And on a cursory glance it certainly looked like the recipes inside were of a German nature (sausages and cabbages featured heavily). It was a small magazine, the same size as Everyday Food, and down the spine were the same little stripey coloured rectangles.